Sunday, September 3, 2017

Weekly Log 28-Aug to 3-Sep-2017

Monday:  7
Woody loop with Matthew early morning.  Went on RINEMBA trail Pour Judgment (my favorite of theirs thus far) for the 2nd time, and Hazy Day for the first time.  I always enjoy running in the Woody.

Tuesday:  5
As I was meeting Tommy and Stonington Rec Director Rich for a 7:30am meeting in the Mystic area, I had planned a 7 to 8 miler on roads from the Mystic Y.  All I had to do was get there for 6am, but I was dragging and tardy.  Cut it down to a 5-miler, and at that the time was tight and made it into a progression run:  7:44, 7:14, 7:00, 6:41, 6:14

Wednesday:  7
Yawgoog trail mix.  Wow, this one was fun.
You can sort of see the red trail marks
on trees here. The trail just goes smack dab
through the middle of this massive rock garden.

Don't think I had ever been to "Southwest Marker" before.

Looking across Wincheck Pond back towards Camp Yawgoog.

Thursday:  11
Noon:  6-miler in Riverwood.  Actually saw a guy in there walking his dog.  He crossed the tracks in the southern end to enter.  I crossed tracks when I was a youth, but can't imagine doing it with faster and quieter electric trains today.  Of course the northern end access is no picnic either, and is primarily the reason that I seldom visit here.  The property owners abutting the access clearly do not want people here with the several "No Trespassing" signs, despite them being over a Land Trust right-of-way.  What a shame; otherwise, such a nice preserve.

Ran the outer perimeter loop trails first, then went on the interior more technical trails.

PM:  5-miles in Grills.  Entered from Hopkinton side, crossed over Polly Coon bridge onto Westerly side, where unfortunately it's really a mess with the logging activity and overgrown.  Pushed the pace from Polly Coon back to the Hopkinton bridge, and in the process, took a CR from Chris Garvin (he must have been jogging it).

Friday:  6
North End run at lunch.  Wasn't feeling it.  Slow 7:30 pace.  In the North End, I got a "Run, Forrest, Run" yell.  Funny.  Not.

Saturday: 11
AM:  6 miles at East Greenwich High School spectating at Matthew's 1st cross country meet of the year.
PM:  5 miles early afternoon on Town Beach.  Barefoot beach run and ocean dip.

Sunday:  8
Tom and I had signed up for the Rhode Warrior Tri, but like many others, based on the forecast downpours and rough surf, decided not to do it.  Three of us went for a group run in the rain in Woody Hill instead.

Weekly Mileage:  55

Weekly Synopsis:  Mileage about where I would like it to be.  What I'm missing is some quality long runs (16 miles or over).  Need better planning.

Weekly Highlight:  Solo Yawgoog trail run on Wednesday afternoon.  Hit some technical trails I hadn't been on before, and really enjoyed the rock garden at Southwest Marker.


No comments:

Post a Comment