Sunday, December 10, 2017

Weekly Log 4-Dec to 10-Dec-2017: Christmas 10K Week

Very pleasantly surprised to see a number of my running friends have returned to the blog-o-sphere!  Tommy 5K, Jonny, and Muddy all published a new blog post last week!  Even Jackman has resumed writing.  Just when I thought running blogs were going the way of the manual transmission, I am reinvigorated that my reading list is growing.  Maybe with Rhody Seth in San Diego, we will see him end his blog hiatus as well.

Monday:  4
This week and next will feature long work days in the middle of testing of a major software package implementation.  Longer work days means less time for running.  :(
Was at least happy to run sub-7 on this short lunchtime run.

Tuesday:  0
Not cold, but windy and raining zapped my interest to get out there in the early morning darkness or evening darkness.  What a wimp.

Wednesday:  0
Double zero.  Fat, lazy loser.  Long work days with working lunches means I've lost the ability to have weekday daylight runs at present, but it's always easy to find excuses.  Again, fat, lazy loser.

Thursday:  5
Finally, it's something! Beautiful sunny day with highs in the mid 40s.  My kind of running weather.  Ran deserted Watch Hill beaches out to Fort Mansfield and back, and then out to East Beach and Watch Hill lighthouse. 
Just gorgeous at Napatree, Watch Hill today.
I sometimes take for granted Westerly and the treasures we
have here.

What is this new tracking station?

Ah, bird and bat tracking.

Graffiti covered ruins of Fort Mansfield, on 60 acres purchased by
the US Government in 1898, built and opened in 1901, and
abandoned and sold in 1928.

Entrance to the lower level of the fort
looks bleak and uninviting
a century later

Friday:  0
Finished work in the dark, had my running stuff with me, but had zero motivation.  In a running rut.

Saturday:  5
Was excited to hear 3" - 6" of snow forecast, only to find it a dud.  Waited throughout the day for snow to materialize, but it was wet and didn't stick well.  Late afternoon went to Barn Island with Matthew.  First time I had run with him in quite a while, as he is still recuperating from his injury. 

Sunday:  8
Christmas 10K.  Short write-up to follow.

Weekly Mileage:  22

Weekly Synopsis:  There's not much to write about.  Lowest mileage week in a year and a half.  I can only blame so much on recent physical issues and work stress, but really my motivation has fallen into a rut.  Daylight running has been tough to get in with long work days and approaching the shortest day of the year, and I haven't had the discipline to get out there in the dark of the early morning or evening.  I need something to snap me out of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment