Monday, April 25, 2022

Weekly Log 18-Apr to 24-Apr-2022: Lost Mileage

Monday:  0
Intentional complete rest day.

Tuesday:  5
Today's CCC work was reminiscent of a Cub Scout
project:  BYOD (bring your own drill) and
build birdfeeders to place at Avondale.

Different sizes of birdhouses and holes for
attracting different types of birds:
bluebirds (left side), wrens (right side), and
kestrels (not pictured).

Westerly, RI.  Post-work windy Wahaneeta run with Brady.

Continued work on replacing outdated and efficient
bathroom exhaust fan.  Got to the step to connect the new fan
to the duct in the attic, and the instruction indicated to make
sure the duct vented to outdoors.  Followed the duct pipe
back and found it goes nowhere!  
---
We just had a new roof put in, and eight full pieces of
black moldy plywood removed and replaced.  This must
have been what causing the mold!


Googled and found this validation.  Ugh.
My father always taught me, "If it it's worth doing something,
it's worth doing it right."  So I'll be replacing all the duct work, and connecting
to an actual outside vent (which is only about five feet away!).  It's just a
shame that the original contractor cut corners and didn't have my father's ethic.

Wednesday:  5
Post-work run at Grills with Brady.

Thursday:  3
Poor planning on my part.  Planned to run 6-8 road miles in Mystic as part of picking up race awards from Kelley's Pace.  Underestimated amount of time to take care of other Clamdigger-related tasks along the way, and got to Kelley's Pace ready to run roads only to find out I had only brought trail shoes.  What a dunce!

Ran local trails until I ran out of time, picked up the awards for Clamdigger, and headed home for a work meeting.  I have nothing to complain about with my very flexible work hours, but I do look forward to the day soon when work meetings are in my rear view mirror.

Friday:  4 run, 2 walk
AM:  Pre-work walking of the proposed new Cottrell southern loop trail with WLT staff member, making minor adjustments based on feedback to date.
PM:  Post-work run at Yawgoog with Brady.  Beautiful day in the 60s and sunny, yet not a soul out there.

Saturday:  5
My first and likely only time visiting UMass Lowell,
for Matthew's track meet.

Apparently this is a problem here (MA rest area
on I-495); otherwise, why the sign?
(For the record, I complied.)

PM:  Late afternoon with Brady.  Dirt roads at Burlingame North and North Camp.  Added in some pickups towards the end on North Camp road.  I explained to Brady I'd be running on and off pickups and he could choose to run what he wanted.  He opted to run each of the pickups alongside me.

Sunday:  4
Clamdigger 5K.  Write-up to follow.

Weekly mileage:  26 run, 2 walk

Weekly synopsis:  Pretty pathetic.  I had a lot of other stuff going on, including a lot of prep work as RD for the Clamdigger races, but it's easy to make excuses and it comes down to a time management issue.  Now that we're past the Clamdigger and I have no races the next two weekends, my excuses are gone and as long as my mileage returns to at least 55, I'm fine with this one really sub-par mileage week.  It really is time, as well, to start getting longer runs in before Laugavegur in mid-July.

Weekly highlight:  Run at Yawgoog with Brady.  Great trails in there, and had the place to ourselves.

Weekly lowlight:  Paltry mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment