Monday, April 16, 2012

Clamdigger 2012

31:03.  5th place overall out of 167 runners.  1st in age group.
Clamdigger results.
Start of the Clamdigger 2012: 
many familiar faces
I started out with a great pace, and quickly went downhill from there:  5:51, 6:06, 6:19, 6:15, 6:14.  I just had trouble keeping the pace once we got into Weekapaug.  Not sure if that was the warmth, or I needed a pacer, but I had a great time, the wind was only very slight, and the whole race went off quite well.
A record 167 runners.
For the run out to Weekapaug, I was behind Tom, Muddy, and Riyan in that order.  Caught up to Riyan and passed him just before the bridge at mile 1.5.  For the rest of the race, it was a lonely run.  Once I got into Weekapaug, I couldn't see anyone in front of me for pretty much the whole race, and couldn't hear anyone immediately behind me.
It seems like I had just finished and was catching my breath, when Matthew came across the finish line with a 7:13 average pace, having dropped just about 5 minutes off his 2011 time!
Next race:  RI State Police Foot Pursuit April 29
Glad to finish

No comments:

Post a Comment