Saturday, June 11, 2022

Weekly Log 23-May to 29-May-2022: Pinelands Week

Monday:  0
Planned day off.  First time in two weeks.

Tuesday:  2 walk, 8 run
AM:  Westerly, RI.  Led a team of five finishing out blazing trails at the new Cottrell Preserve.  Three of us blazed the new red loop, and two more a yellow spur.
At Charlestown DD getting a bagel and cleaning up
post-CCC and pre-run.  I thought nothing of it,
until my order taker asked me, "Is that paint on your hands?"
When I replied "yes", he said, "I sure hope it is."
It finally dawned on me that coming in to DD and going to the
bathroom to clean up red paint on my hands and changing out of
clothes with red paint on them could be construed as cleaning
up blood after a crime.  While there could be some joke in this,
I'll leave it alone as I felt badly to make him uncomfortable with
my appearance.

PM:  Charlestown, RI.  Ran one of my favorite road loops:  Quonochontaug.  Average 6:41 pace.  Temps in the mid-60s in bright sunshine.  Nonetheless I didn't feel badly at all.  Until I finished.  And then for the rest of the day I just felt tired and week.  Guess I have a ways to go to acclimate to the warmer weather.

Wednesday:  9
Charlestown, RI.  Late afternoon Rhody loop run, with Matthew and Brady.  Added on trail down to North Camp and back.  Waded around in Watchaug Pond at North Camp, and to my surprise, the water was very comfortable, as just two weeks ago it felt frigid.  Saw no one else out there.  To me, that's a big advantage over places like Bluff.

Thursday:  8
Exeter, RI.  Late afternoon run with Matthew and Brady.  Two days out from Pineland Farms trail race, we took it easy on both terrain and pace at Arcadia.

Friday:  6
Charlestown, RI.  Easy morning run at Ninigret.

Saturday:  17
New Gloucester, ME.  Pineland Farms 25K.  Separate write-up to follow.

Sunday:  8 run, 1 walk
AM:  West Greenwich, RI.  Tillinghast mid-morning run with Brady and Matthew.  Starting to get overgrown in a few places, but mostly fine.  Tillinghast is unbearable in summer to me anyway due to deerflies.

PM:  Westerly, RI.  Short and easy walk at Wahaneeta with friends before a house party, fire, and outdoor dinner and dessert.
At a neighbor's house party.  I went over to check out this 
BMW Z3 convertible, when the owner, a retired doctor,
told me the keys are in it and I should take it for a spin.
He didn't have to ask me twice, and I was gone!
5-speed manual and really fun to drive.
The grin on my face is genuine.


Weekly mileage:  55 run, 3 walk

Weekly synopsis:  Another good running week.  No long training run, but understandable with a 25K trail race on the weekend instead.

Weekly highlight:  Pineland Farms 25K.

Weekly lowlight:  None

No comments:

Post a Comment