Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly Log 7-Nov-11 to 13-Nov-11

Here is my first attempt at a running blog, based on encouragement from running friends Jonny and Muddy.

Sunday:  9 miles total
Morning:  Charlestown Police 5K at Ninigret Park.  18:33, good for 2nd place in my division.  As usual, my first mile was the fastest, and second mile the slowest, with splits of 5:50, 6:05, and 6:03.  Thought I would catch Jonny going into the 3rd mile on bike track, but he surged and the wind slowed me down (I need some excuse, right?).  Happy to finish the last 5K of the year with a sub-6 overall pace.  Kudos to Muddy and Jonny on their PRs today.
Afternoon:  5+ miles.  Most on roads in Winnapaug, and then ducked in out of wind to run in Champlin Glacier Park.  Steady 7:15 pace on roads; much slower on trails.  Rest day tomorrow.

Will start a weekly mileage tally next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment