Thursday, July 5, 2012

Camire's Firecracker 4 on the 4th



Results here24:08.  22nd overall out of 314.  5th in age group.
70 degrees and high humidity, light rain.  First mile was relative fast with a net downhill, but unfortunately followed by progressively slower mile splits:  5:40, 6 flat, 6:07, 6:14.
In theory, I should be able to run faster than that.  However, the rolling hills sap my strength each time.  It was great seeing "WTAC" just ahead of me (back of Muddy's singlet) for the first mile.   For the 2nd mile, I was squinting to see it, and that was it.  The 3rd mile back uphill was tough.  I heard Sandals behind me and then we was gone en route to placing 3rd.  The 4th mile I just wanted to get it over.
I'll take some solace in that I PR'd.
Mike G gets a clean start, but Tom & Muddy
(left of Mike in photo) are boxed in by
kids running ~8 min pace.
What's wrong with this picture?!
Final strides to the finish

No comments:

Post a Comment