Saturday, April 23, 2016

Weekly Log 11-Apr to 17-Apr-2016

Monday:  0
Rest day.

Tuesday:  7
Fun run in Woody Hill in the pouring rain.

Wednesday:  7
 Needham street run.

Thursday:  6
First run in Vazee Pace.  After five versions of 890 shoes, New Balance has dropped them.  Their replacement is noted as Vazee Pace, but it seems a very different shoe to me.  No nobs on the bottom of shoe, closer to a racing flat.  Lightweight at 7.5 ounces, I'll have to figure out soon whether they will work me for me in the marathon distance or not, as I'm getting some helpful, but quite varied feedback.

Friday:  8
Richmond and Hopkinton rolling hills on super quiet country roads.  Started and ended at Arcadia Y as I had a Back Road Ramble committee meeting there in the morning, so I figured I'd get there an hour early, run different roads, shower, and be ready for the meeting.  It turned out I really liked this run!  It was challenging but idyllic.
Running past the dam at Wyoming Pond was just a bonus!



Saturday:  7
 Breezy local run from my house with Tommy.

Sunday:  5
 Clamdigger 5-Mile race.  Write-up to follow.

Weekly mileage:
Run:  40

Weekly synopsis:  Not a very good running week.  Mileage was lower than intended, with no long runs due to racing.  Highlight was the country roads run in Richmond and Hopkinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment