Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Weekly Log 5-Mar to 11-Mar-2018

Monday:  0

Tuesday:  0
7am - 9pm work day.  Sick of it.  April project completion cannot come soon enough.

Wednesday:  0
Potential snowstorm petered out.  Deluged in rain, with an inch of wet snow at the end.

Thursday:  5
Hale Reservation, Dover, MA.  Fortunately here they got 8" of heavy snow.  Brought my snowshoes and got out for some fun.
These were the only guys I saw on my run today.

Lots of downed and bending branches.

8" of heavy, wet snow.  Just beautiful!

Friday:  0

Saturday:  14
Fun solo run, mostly on single-track in the snow and dirt roads.  Good to escape work and civilization for a bit. Bonked on the last couple of miles.
Where you see the broken snow clumps on boardwalk in foreground,
that's where I slipped and landed flat on my back.  Ouch.

Raging streams.

See the orange blazed trail mark?
Yes, the trail goes right through here.  Flooded!

Fun running the snowy fields.

Ran a number of deserted dirt roads.

Love this red barn, flanked by snow, and multiple
stone walls.  Quintessential New England.



Deserted Nicholas Farm Management Area.

Started and finished here.


Sunday:  0
Woke up with pain in both of my legs.  Could I be that sore and out of shape?  Turns out I had a fever.  Ugh.

Weekly mileage:  19

Weekly synopsis:  Pathetic mileage.  2 out of 7 days hardly counts as running.  Get me to April.

Weekly highlight:  Saturday solo run was a fun adventure.

1 comment: