Monday, November 5, 2018

Weekly Log 29-Oct to 4-Nov-2018

Monday:  0 run, 500 yard swim
Easy and comfortable pool swim at lunch at Westerly Y.  It's a little boring, like I find running in ovals, but it's good cross-training.  Inadvertently left my Garmin watch at home, so I didn't bother with a manual post to Strava.

Tuesday:  8
Ran Li'l Rhody route in the dark, or at least the first half of the run was in the dark.  After a series of days last week with missed running, I was proud of myself for getting out there for a morning run, but one morning does not a pattern make.

Wednesday:  7
Halloween mid-day run at the Barn.  Mostly single-track on a beautiful, warm, sunny day.  Saw three separate hunters with guns; make sure to wear your bright orange!


Tried carving something different for this year's jack-o-lantern.
I'm a kid at heart, and love Halloween


Thursday:  0
Fail.

Friday:  5
Pumpkins course in drizzly rain.  Very warm 62 degrees.  This is November, right?

Saturday:  8
Slept in, got a text from Tommy asking if I wanted to run within the hour.  I always appreciate these, even if can't end up making them, as the prospect of getting out to run with someone else is easier and more likely than if I go solo.

Tommy suggested me a choice (again, I appreciate these) of Champlin, Burlingame, or Woody.  Having run in all three, and having a preponderance for variety, I opted for Burlingame if we could weave in something different than what I had run recently.  Tommy was all in.  We ran the main 3.5 mile double-track loop in Bgame North, followed by North Camp trails, and finishing up with the white trail north of Buckeye Brook Road leading up to Stillwater Road and a little bit of VG.  2nd consecutive day of running in warm rain.  Good stuff.

Sunday:  12!
Group trail run of 5 guys at Tillinghast and Wickaboxet.  First time running with Jonny Hammett in more months than I can remember, and with Seth in over a year.  Chris Garvin and Jonathan Short rounded out the merry group. 

Weekly mileage:  40 run, 1/4 swim

Weekly synopsis:  A lot of good runs, all on the trails this week.  I would like to mix in at least one day of roads to balance it all out.  I also resumed swimming indoors, and it wasn't actually as bad as I feared. 

Weekly highlight:  The Sunday group run to be sure.  Great trails, great conversation, and catch up with a few runners I hadn't seen in a while.  I'm racing the next two Sundays, but otherwise, hope this will be a pattern on many weekends.

Weekly lowlight:  If I absolutely had to pick something, I guess my laziness on Thursday for not doing anything.  But really, it was a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Halloween is the best! Our Saturday run had to be a close second in the area of highlights??? Haha

    ReplyDelete