Sunday, May 30, 2021

Weekly Log 24-May to 30-May-2021: Wild Weather Swings

 Monday:  0

Tuesday:  5
Burlingame and Kettle Pond trails after work, with Matthew and Brady.

Wednesday:  0

Thursday:  14
AM:  8 miles on the classic VG loop with Brady.  Sometimes it's good to go back to the classics.  

PM:  6 miles at Goddard with Matthew.  Hadn't run here in a while, but since we had gone up to Attleboro to pick up a car (see separate post), we decided to run "on the way" back.  Not exactly on the way, but it worked fine.  Super hot at 84°.  Felt like I was panting the whole way, despite not pushing the effort.  At least it was all shaded on the trails.

Friday:  6
Ninigret with Matthew and Brady.  Mostly grass fields, plus some bike path.  Easy pace.

Saturday:  15
Pineland Farms 25K race.  See separate post.

Sunday:  8
Tillinghast with Matthew and Brady.  47° and steady rain.  Memorial Day weekend, eh?  Second day in a row of cold, rainy temperatures, with the highs not even reaching 50.  Good racing weather, but otherwise pretty bleak.  On the plus side, perhaps not surprisingly, not another soul out there.

Weekly mileage:  48

Weekly synopsis:  I continue to increase my mileage gradually since my surgeries, and happy with that approach.  This was actually my highest mileage since March.

Weekly highlight:  Pineland race.  Hands down.

Weekly lowlight:  The heat on Thursday afternoon.  Not that I loved the rain with high in the 40s on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll take that over 80°+ weather any day.  I know some people love the heat, and that's fine of course, but just not for me.  Hoping we don't have a super hot Blessing, as that would do me in, albeit I'll be more acclimated to heat by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment