Thursday, May 31, 2018

Weekly Log 21-May to 27-May-2018

Monday:  0

Tuesday:  5
Local neighborhoods in the morning.

Wednesday:  4
Short run to/fro Champlin.  Slept in late, and needed to get new car inspected.

In the evening, went to a retirement party for my former boss, outside on the deck at the Windjammer.  Reminded me of my conundrum of looking forward to eventually retiring, but not aging to get there.

Thursday:  0
Poor planning.  Didn't happen.

Friday:  6
Woody Hill AM run.  Friday before Memorial Day weekend.  That kept me in a good mood all day at work.

Saturday:  5
Short on time before Matthew's Hendricken Invitational.  Ran 5.5 miles CCW at Barn Island.  Bugs are out in force, but fortunately not the dreaded deerfly.  Yet.  I did pull a large tick off my leg, so I need to be vigilant about checking myself after each run.  Another bout of Lyme, Anaplasmosis, or Babesiosis is only a tick bite way.

Warm on my run, in the mid-70s by 7am already.  That was nothing compared to the heat at the Hendricken Invitational.  By the time Matthew ran the 1500, it was already 88 degrees.  Ugh.  Post-meet, paid an annual Memorial Day visit to my Dad and grandparents and Jana planted a germanium at the gravesite.  94 degrees.  I felt weak and physically ill most of the rest of the day from the heat.  I don't understand how Mark can stand Florida in the summer.

Sunday:  9
Met up with Chris and Tommy for a trail run at Woody.  The time went by really fast, and I can only hope that those two had as much fun as I did jumping over logs on the first trail and then running a good mix of trails CCW through Wahaneeta, Woody Hill, the stone fort, and back to Fallon Trail.

Post-run, the three of us went to Dave's Coffee to meet up with Eric D, Jeff V, and the soon to be newest half-century club member, Mikey B.

Weekly mileage:  30

Weekly synopsis:  Disappointing mileage again.  It's easy to find excuses (car errands, inspection, high school events, etc), but the reality is I need to buckle down and just get up and 'at em earlier on a planned routine.

Weekly highlight:  Group trail run with the guys and coffee and conversation get-together afterwards.  Gotta do more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment