Saturday, October 4, 2014

Weekly Log 29-Sep to 5-Oct-2014

Welcome to October.  As we wind down into the final quarter of the year, some race planning is in order.  Here are my rough plans for the remainder of 2014, and here's what I've signed up for in 2015.

Monday:  12
Four weeks of "vacation" comes to an end.  The back to work run:  2 easy, 6 at MP (6:20 to 6:35), 4 easy.

Tuesday:  4
Easy run on Mastuxet and Champlin trails.

Wednesday:  7
5-4-3-2-1-0:30 descending ladders, with half the duration for rest (e.g., run 5 min hard, 2:30 jog, ...).  Average pace for hard sections:  5:52, 5:51, 5:56 (wimp), 5:45, 5:11, 4:48

Thursday:  0
Hadn't taken a day off in a while, and pouring rain seemed like a good excuse.

Friday:  4
Riverwood trails.  Was enjoying running here after dropping a tardy Mark off at school, and wanted to run longer until I realized, oh yeah, I have a job I have to get to now!

Saturday:  11
Last group run before Hartford.  Met up with Mike B and his colleague Eric at the Y at 6:15.  Boombridge loop out to No Sto and Ashaway.  The guys indulged me in running Whitely Preserve trail, and then back via Potter Hill and North End.  At one point Mike was jabbering on to Eric about how I am much, much older than himself, when Eric interrupted with "Yeah, but he's faster than you."!  I like this guy Eric now; he's welcome anytime.  :)

Sunday:  5
Easy run down to on the beach, while my tougher WTAC compadres battle it out at Nipmuck.

Weekly mileage:
Run:  44

Next week, the mileage really slows even more as we go into Hartford final taper week.  Looking forward to running Hartford for the 3rd time, then having run with trails and group runs until I get focused in January for resuming swimming, biking (spinning), and Boston training.

No comments:

Post a Comment