Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekly Log 22-Jun to 28-Jun-2015

Monday: 0

Tuesday:
19 miles.  To and fro - Stonington Fun Runs.  Rode out with Mike B and Matthew and friend.
5 miles.  Stonington Fun Runs, including warm-up.

Wednesday:
8 miles.  5 in the morning in Needham, MA.  Westerly Fun Runs in the evening.  18:32 with Chris (and Seb!).  5:51, 5:58, 5:47.  Struggling to keep these paces in the heat.
Post-run a woman said my run was really fast, and I said not bad for someone half a century old.  Her son (5 years old?) looked at me and I asked him if he knew how old half a century is.  He thought for a moment, and then replied "500 years"!  His parents laughed, as did I.  Thanks (not) to Chris for passing this info on to B, who will be using this against for another half a century!

Thursday:
3 miles easy and slow.  9:30pm headlamp run to ease into Ragnar.

Friday:
8 miles.  Ragnar Salomon Trail Relay.  Write-up shortly.

Saturday:
7 miles.  Ragnar.

Sunday:
10 miles.  After a near sleepless Ragnar trip, slept from 9pm to 9am!  Got up and went on a 10-miler with Matthew and two neighborhood teenagers.  Wasn't sure how I'd hold out, as legs still quite sore, but was actually able to pick it up slightly in last two miles.


Weekly Mileage Log:
0 miles
19 miles
41 miles.  

Not a bad mileage week, given recovery from the bike crash and laying low for Ragnar.  With no major races planned until late July, I'm hoping to amp up the running mileage a bit more while mixing in biking and swimming.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your take on Ragnar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude all I gotta say is wow. after what we did, how the $%&#! did you run today!? the only thing I could do was walk, and it wasn't easy.

    ReplyDelete