Sunday, November 1, 2015

Of Penguins & Duathlons: Quick Pictorial Review

Back-to-back race weekend:

  • Run for The Penguins - Mystic, CT - Saturday, October 17
  • RI Duathlon - Charlestown, RI - Sunday, October 18

Run for the Penguins.
Yes, there were real penguins at the race!

Other than Pawcatuck Middle Schoolers (red shirts)
blasting out for the first 1/10 mile, Matthew took off
and dominated for the whole race.  (I'm behind him in the
green singlet fending off youngsters.)

Beautiful sunny cool day

The old man comes in 3rd (passed on a hill by a 20-something
1.5 miles in) at 18:08

Race winner!  17:10  Results

1st place age group.  Unique tile award.


Post-race posing with a penguin, sort of, as they wouldn't
let me hold it.
Onto the RI Duathlon.
First time running this race.  Transition
set up is so much easier when you
eliminate the
swim portion.

Bike setup

Final transition check. It was a cool 41 degrees, a tad
chillier than I like on the bike.  Many participants in
tights, jackets, hats, etc.

2nd overall!  Final run finish (run 2 miles,
ride 14, run 2).  Photos by Matthew
Now if I could run this fast at all my races, I would be
doing awesome!  (video by Matthew)

1 comment:

  1. I really dropped the ball on the Run with the Penguins. My son really wanted to do that race. I will have to keep my eye out for it next year. Great races and pictures. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete