... the NipMuck Trail Marathon.
What? A trail marathon? What are you thinking? Aren't you the guy whose only running venture onto trails every year was the Li'l Rhody, and there were no other trail runs never mind trail races? The same one that's afraid of snow on the trails or running more than 8 miles on trails? Guilty as charged, but then I ran into these local
So why a trail marathon selection, and why NipMuck?
- I've run 13 road marathons and want to try something different.
- I just killed my marathon PR by going sub-3 at Cox Providence Marathon, so I have no speed goals or time targets I'm looking to meet this time.
- I've been traveling a fair amount recently, and looking for a race I can easily drive to.
- I couldn't resist paying a 1/2 price RD entry fee of just one Andrew Jackson!
- Two local runners I know are signed up: Mike C and Rhody Seth.
- I ran the first half yesterday (see blog entry below) and had fun!
Life is short, my friends. Try something new once in a while: a new race, a new run, a new workout, etc. Live life to the fullest.